Saturday, October 24, 2015

ISIS MEMBER: Turkish intelligence agency gave us arms and aid through NGO, by ANF

ANF - News Desk

An ISIS member captured by the People's and Women's Protection Units (YPG/YPJ) during the Tal Abyad operation told ANF about the cooperation between the Turkish state and ISIS.

The ISIS member M.H. from Syria, who is currently jailed in Rojava, made striking confessions regarding the talks between ISIS and MİT (Turkish intelligence organisation) at the border between the Tal Abyad city of Rojava and the Akçakale district of Urfa province in the Turkish territory. M.H. said that the Turkish Intelligence Agency (MIT) provided them with arms at the border, and Turkish ambulances carried wounded ISIS members to hospitals.

Speaking to Fırat News Agency (ANF), M.H. stated that the passage between Raqqa and Urfa, and delivery of arms and munitions was conducted over Tal Abyad.

M.H. said his first contact with the gang groups occurred over his family's opposition to the ISIS, and that he agreed to work with ISIS after he was captured and tortured by them, and was furthermore threatened that he himself and his family would be murdered in the event that he refused to cooperate with them.


The jailed ISIS member, who suffered physical and psychological torture for a long time as he was held in a place used by the gangs as a jail, said; "I agreed to join ISIS and work for them because of the pressure, violence and threats I suffered in their hands. They started to give me training after I accepted their conditions. Following two months of training, Ebu Ubeyde sent me to Tal Abyad to a man called Ebu Ali Eşşaria."


M.H. said he witnessed continuous military and logistic support provided by MIT to ISIS, saying; "After going to Tal Abyad, we went to the Turkey-Tal Abyad border in two civilian cars at midnight. We were ten people in two pick-up cars. A car at the border was waiting for Ebu Alî Eşşeria. The car was a civilian one but the three people in it were wearing military boots, green trousers and military coats. After greeting one another, Ebu Ali and the commander of those in the car walked away from where we stood and talked for half an hour in private. In the meantime, we carried the military materials brought from the Turkey side to our cars. The arms had been put in a total of 10 boxes. Ebu Ali and the Turkish commander ended their talk after we finished loading the arms in our cars."

Remarking that ISIS gangs called Turkish intelligence officers as "friends", M.H. said they later got in their cars, left the border and turned back to Ebu Ali's house. "On our way back home, I asked Ebu Ali who those people were, and he said they were "friends", namely Turkish MIT."


M.H. continued; "Several days later, someone called Ebu Alî told me to get prepared to go somewhere else. I got prepared and he accompanied me to the border area where we had taken arms from the Turkish side. Those who came there to take me were the same people that Ebu Ali had met that night.

At night when they gave us arms, I wasn't able to see the faces of these people due to the dark. But this time it was morning and I could see their faces and how they looked. These persons from Turkish MIT took me to Urfa where I stayed for a total of 6 months. Then I crossed into Kobanê and got arrested there. During the course of my stay in Urfa, I myself witnessed how the Turkish state officially aided and supported the ISIS. The man leading the organisation of this aid was called Ismail."

Pointing out that the people joining ISIS from across the world could easily cross into Syria through Turkey, M.H. called attention to the role of Turkish state officials in this regard, adding; "There were some people that met the people coming from various places around the world and then got in touch with us. I do not know how many of them were police or working for ISIS but it is not possible that so many people can use Turkey as a transit route leading into Syria without the support of the state. There was an open support by the state and nobody would speak about it at all. Some officials appointed by the state later told me that I needed to cross into Kobanê for a duty. It was again Turkish MIT officials that enabled me to cross the border, which happened in front of the eyes of Turkish soldiers. Then I crossed into Kobanê where I got arrested."


M.H. remarked that it was again the Turkish state that provided treatment for ISIS members who were wounded in clashes, adding; "During private duty in Tal Abyad, I had witnessed all the incidents at the Turkish border. Ambulances of the Turkish state were always standing ready at the border for the ISIS members that got wounded in Tal Abyad to take them to hospitals in Urfa and Antep for treatment. Security at these hospitals is ensured by MIT members in civilian clothes. They never allow anyone else to enter those areas and see the ISIS members treated in those hospitals."


Emphasising that the aid provided by the Turkish state to ISIS was mainly delivered under the name of humanitarian aid, M.H. said; "We were determining our needs for arms and munitions in advance, and the Turkish state was delivering them to us in trucks through the MIT. In order to avoid the exposure of these arms sent to us, the Turkish state was delivering them in trucks loaded with food supplies above the munitions. After taking the arms, we were sending the food supplies to the front for ISIS members. Most of these trucks were being sent there in the name of the relief organisation called Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH)."

Edited by Kurdish Question